Learn how to air fry frozen mini pretzel dogs, (aka pigs in a pretzel blanket). These air fryer frozen mini pretzel dogs are the perfect snack when hunger strikes.
These fry frozen mini pretzel dogs are a quick snack that you can savor at any time! This recipe takes less than 10 minutes of cooking time.
A Quick Way to Reheat Frozen Meals
Cooking frozen mini pretzel dogs are surprisingly easier and quicker than in the oven. There is no need to thaw them first. You can cook them frozen, just make sure to preheat the air fryer according to the product manual.
How to Reheat in an Air Fryer:
The cooking process of these frozen mini pretzel dogs is easy and quick. Here are some important steps to follow:
1. Preheat the air fryer
Always preheat the air fryer according to the product manual. Preheating the air fryer will ensure that the contents will start cooking immediately and at the right temperature.
2. No oil or oil spray is needed
3. No thawing required
Put the frozen mini pretzel dogs straight into the basket. No thawing is required. Just make sure that you don't overcrowd the basket, and remember to work in multiple batches if needed. You should put the mini dogs in a single layer so they cook evenly.
4. Air Fry
I cooked these frozen mini pretzel dogs using my Gourmia air fryer. I set up the temperature to 260°F and the cooking time to 8 minutes.
5. Shake the basket
Don't forget to shake the basket halfway through cooking (at 4 minutes).
6. Check for doneness
Frozen food may also carry germs, so it's important to cook them thoroughly until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. For that reason, if the frozen mini hot dogs aren't quite ready, you can continue cooking and checking every minute or so until they reach a safe temperature before serving.
7. Let them rest
After the cooking time is complete (and air fryer is off), leave the mini pretzel dogs for about 2-3 minutes inside the basket.
Why Cook Frozen Pretzel Dogs at a Low Temperature?
Cooking frozen pretzel dogs at a lower temperature allows the inner part (sausage) and outer part (pretzel bread) to cook at the same rate and time.
I've tried cooking them at a higher temperature and the mini pretzel ended up with a tough outer part.
However, there are so many air fryers available on the market and they may perform differently based on many factors. You may need to adjust time and cooking temperature accordingly.
Check Out More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Mini Tacos
- Frozen Chicken Strips in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Orange Chicken
- How to Cook Frozen Taquitos in an air fryer
- How to Cook Frozen Corn Dogs in an Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Mini Bagel Bites
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below! I'd appreciate it.
Air Fryer Frozen Mini Pretzel Dogs
- an air fryer
- 1 package mini pretzel dogs
- Preheat the air fryer and set the temperature 260°F.
- Put the frozen mini pretzel dogs straight into the basket, in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the basket and work in multiple batches if needed. No thawing required. Cook for 8 minutes, shake the basket halfway through cooking. Check for doneness and air fry longer if needed. The meat should register 165°F.
Leave a Reply