These air fryer frozen chicken tenders are the perfect last-minute meal for school lunch or dinner. You can turn these breaded chicken tenders into a whole meal by serving them with healthy side dishes, such as vegetables or mashed potatoes.
Chicken tenders are one of my favorite frozen foods to stock up on.
They will always be my first choice for kids when I am not in the mood for cooking, and with me and my husband being chicken fans it's an all around winner.
Frozen Chicken Strips in Air Fryer
Today I want to show you how to cook the frozen chicken strips in an air fryer.
These air fryer frozen chicken tenders are absolutely the quickest way to cook the breaded chicken strips. They can be ready in 12-14 minutes.
Air fryers use Rapid Air Technology that circulate the hot air at very high speeds. The technology makes air fryers reheat and cook faster than in an oven.
This small kitchen appliance will save you time in the kitchen without sacrificing the taste of your food. It's revolutionary and has saved me many hours and stress every week.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Tenders in an Air Fryer
The cooking process is pretty simple and quick. In this recipe, I used Tyson All Natural Crispy Chicken Strips - Frozen and cooked them in my Gourmia air fryer. Here's how:
Step 1. Preheat the Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes and select the temperature to 400°F.
Step 2. Do Not Stack the Chicken Tenders
There is no need to grease the basket.
Do not thaw! Put the frozen chicken fingers in an air fryer basket, in a single layer. Work in multiple batches if necessary.
Please keep in mind that the air fryer will be already hot and may cook the second batch more quickly. Therefore, check for doneness a few minutes early.
Step 3. Air Fry the Frozen Breaded Chicken
Cook for 6 minutes then carefully flip the breaded chicken pieces. Continue cooking for 6 minutes.
Open the basket and check for doneness. If they aren't ready, you can continue cooking and checking every minute or so until you reach the desired crispiness level.
Air Fryer Tips and Q&A
If you don't preheat your air fryer, you may need to increase the cooking time.
Settings vary slightly among air fryers. For that reason, always begin checking your food at the earlier doneness time specified in the recipe and add extra time as necessary.
Check Out More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Frozen Orange Chicken
- How to Cook Frozen Taquitos in an air fryer
- How to Cook Frozen Corn Dogs in an Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Mini Bagel Bites
- Air fryer Frozen Mini Pretzel Dogs
Don't forget to pin and share this recipe! And if you try it, come back here to give it a star rating! I'd appreciate it!
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders
- an air fryer
- 1 bag frozen chicken tenders (do not thaw) I used Tyson All Natural Crispy Chicken Strips - Frozen - 25oz
- Preheat the air fryer and set the temperature to 400°F.
- Put the frozen chicken fingers in an air fryer basket, in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the basket.
- Cook for 6 minutes then carefully flip the breaded chicken pieces. Continue cooking for 6 minutes.Open the basket and check for doneness. If they aren't ready, you can continue cooking and checking every minute or so until you reach the desired crispiness level.