Do you know that you can air fry frozen pretzels? These frozen pretzels in an air fryer recipe can be ready in a few minutes. They are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. You can level up these soft pretzels by dipping them in cheese sauce, or honey mustard.
Today, I will show you how to reheat frozen pretzels in an air fryer. The Pretzel is a traditional German baked pastry that is made of dough and shaped into a knot. It's one of the most popular snacks that any adult and kid would enjoy. In Germany, pretzels are eaten for breakfast, snack, or dinner.
Frozen Pretzels in an Air Fryer
These store-bought soft pretzels are a great snack option when you don't have enough time to make them from scratch. They are already baked so all you have to do is reheat, serve, and eat.
By reheating them in an air fryer you will reduce the amount of cooking time even more.
These soft pretzels make the best air fryer appetizer for Superbowl and baseball game day.
The Best Temperature to Reheat Soft Pretzels
In this recipe, I used SuperPretzel Soft Pretzel. The company recommended reheating the pretzels in the oven at 400°F.
When reheating the pretzels in an air fryer, you need to reduce the temperature to 325°F. I think this is the best temperature to achieve that crispy crust yet maintain the softness inside.
How to Air Fry Frozen Pretzels
The reheating process is pretty simple and quick. Here's how to do it.
Step 1. Preheat the air fryer to 325°F.
Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes or according to the product manual.
Step 2. Prepare the frozen pretzels
- Remove the frozen pretzels from the packaging. Do not thaw.
- Moist pretzels with a small amount of water. Sprinkle with about ½ tsp. of salt per pretzel (if it's included).
Step 3. Air Fry the Frozen Pretzels
- Place the frozen pretzels on an air fryer basket, in a single layer. As always, do not overcrowd the basket and work in multiple batches if needed.
- Cook for 4 minutes. Check for the doneness and cook the pretzels a bit longer if necessary.
- Let the hot pretzels rest for about 2 minutes before serving.
FAQ and Cooking Tips
You can purchase frozen soft pretzels at Target, Walmart, Ralph's/Kroger, Albertsons, Vons, or Amazon.com.
You can dip the pretzels in cheese sauce, honey mustard, marinara sauce, chocolate, caramel, or warm butter.
No, you don't need to thaw the pretzels. You must keep them frozen until ready to use.
Check Out More Air Fryer Recipes
- How to Bake Refrigerated Cookie Dough in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Totino's Pizza Rolls
- How to Cook Hard-Boiled Eggs in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops
- How to Cook Frozen Mini Tacos in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Orange Chicken
- How to Cook Frozen Taquitos in an air fryer
- How to Cook Frozen Corn Dogs in an Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Mini Bagel Bites
- Air fryer Frozen Mini Pretzel Dogs
Frozen Pretzels in an Air Fryer
- an air fryer
- 4 frozen pretzels (such as SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels or Auntie Anne's Classic Soft Frozen Pretzels)
- Preheat the air fryer to 325°F.
- Moist pretzels with a small amount of water. Sprinkle with about ½ tsp. of salt per pretzel (if the salt pack included).
- Place the frozen pretzels in an air fryer basket, in a single layer. Cook for 4 minutes. Check for the doneness, cook a bit longer if needed.