Learn how to bake refrigerated cookie dough in an air fryer. It is absolutely a great way to make the most out of your air fryer. Air frying your cookies takes less time than it would in the oven, and without sacrificing the taste. This air fryer refrigerated cookie dough recipe is a time and energy saver.
Today, I am going to show you how to bake soft and chewy refrigerated cookies in an air fryer. Some people may wonder why someone would bake cookies in an air fryer instead of the oven. Well, the answer is pretty simple.
Air Fryer Refrigerated Cookie Dough
Here are some great reasons why you should bake your refrigerated cookies in an air fryer.
- It's faster than the oven.
- It doesn't consume a lot of electricity.
- It's a fun way to try something new with your air fryer.
- Perfect for those who only own an air fryer with no access to an oven.
The Best Temperature to Bake Refrigerated Cookies in an Air Fryer
In this recipe, I used Nestle Tollhouse Ultimates Chocolate Chip Lovers Cookie Dough that I purchased from Target. You can also use Pillsbury Refrigerated Cookie Dough or any other brand and flavor.
The Nestle Tollhouse company recommended baking the cookies in the oven at 350°F for about 13 minutes.
When baking the cookies in an air fryer, it will reduce the amount of cooking time by 40%, to just about 8 minutes at 325°F.
How to Bake Cookies in an Air Fryer
Step 1. Preheat the Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes and set the temperature to 325°F.
Step 2. Place Cookies on an Air Fryer Basket
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of the air fryer basket and lightly grease with oil.
- Do not thaw the refrigerated cookie dough. Chilled cookie dough is better because it produces crispy edges, a nice golden brown color, and a chewier texture.
- Break along pre-scored lines.
- Place about 6 cookies in a basket, in a single layer.
Step 3. Air Fry the Cookie Dough
Bake the cookie dough in an air fryer for 8 minutes. Check for doneness, cook a bit longer if needed.
FAQ and Cooking Tips
Yes, you can. First, you need to shape the dough into balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Once solid, tightly wrap the balls with plastic wrap. Place the cookie balls into a large ziplock and press out as much air as possible. Properly stored the cookie dough will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
You know the cookies are baked if they have golden firm edges but still soft in the center part.
You can purchase refrigerated cookie dough at any grocery market, such as Kroger/Ralph's, Target, Walmart, Vons, Albertsons.
You can store the leftover baked or air fried cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or up to 3 weeks in the freezer.
Check Out More Tasty Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Totino's Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Eggs
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops
- How to Cook Frozen Mini Tacos in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Orange Chicken
- How to Cook Frozen Taquitos in an air fryer
- How to Cook Frozen Corn Dogs in an Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Mini Bagel Bites
- Air fryer Frozen Mini Pretzel Dogs
Air Fryer Refrigerated Cookie Dough
- an air fryer
- 1 package refrigerated cookie dough (any brand and flavor)
- Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes and set the temperature to 325°F.
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of the air fryer basket and lighly grease with oil/
- Do not thaw the refrigerated cookie dough. Break along pre-scored lines. Place 6 cookies in a basket (or 4 cookies for smaller basket), in a single layer.Do not overcrowd and work in multiple batches if needed.
- Bake the cookie dough in an air fryer for 8 minutes. Check for doneness, cook a bit longer if needed.
Leave a Reply