These air fryer frozen tater tots cooked up perfectly in less than 15 minutes. They are so crispy on the outside and fluffy and soft on the inside. You can serve them as an appetizer, side dish, or even as the star of the show.
Frozen tater tots are versatile and inexpensive. They are readily available, fully cooked, and quick to prepare and serve.
In this recipe, you will learn how to cook frozen tater tots in an air fryer. They cook well every time, and work well for kids food, family dinners or a game day snack.
A Stress-Free After School Snack
These shredded potatoes cylinders are a staple frozen item in my freezer.
I can use them as an ingredient to make casseroles, or serve them up as a stress-free after school snack. My kids never get tired of them, it's a win-win!
How to Cook Frozen Tater Tots in an Air Fryer
This air fryer frozen tater tots recipe is absolutely the best way to cook frozen tater tots, no thawing required!
The tater tots have that perfect crispy taste and actually have a faster cooking time than in the oven.
1. Preheat the Air Fryer
Preheating an air fryer takes a few minutes. This extra step will ensure that the food starts cooking immediately so you don't have to increase the cooking time.
2. There's No Need to Use Grease
3. Don't Overcrowd the Air Fryer
Place the frozen tater tots in a basket. You should always put the food in a single layer so they cook evenly. Work in multiple batches if necessary.
4. Choose the Right Temperature
In this recipe, I used Ore-Ida Tater Tots and cook them using my Gourmia air fryer. I set the temperature to 400°F then air fried them for 12 minutes.
5. Shake the Food
After cooking the tater tots for 5 minutes, be sure to open the basket and shake gently so the food will become more evenly colored and crispier all over.
6. Always Check for Doneness
Check the food after 10 minutes. If the tater tots aren't ready, gently shake the basket and you can continue cooking and checking every minute or so until you reach the desired crispiness level.
Please note, not all air fryers are made equal. For that reason, you may need to adjust the time and cooking temperature accordingly.
Check Out More Air Fryer Recipes
- Frozen Chicken Strips in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Orange Chicken
- How to Cook Frozen Taquitos in an air fryer
- How to Cook Frozen Corn Dogs in an Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Mini Bagel Bites
- Air fryer Frozen Mini Pretzel Dogs
Don't forget to pin and share this recipe! And if you try it, come back here to give it a star rating! I'd appreciate it!
Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
- an air fryer
- 1 bag tater tots
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the frozen tater tots in a basket, in a single layer. Working in multiple batches if necessary. Cook for 5 minutes, open the basket and gently shake it. Continue cooking for 5 minutes. Check for doneness, If the tater tots aren't ready, gently shake the basket again, continue cooking and checking every minute until you reach the desired crispiness level.