Say goodbye to tough and chewy pork chops. This air fryer bone in pork chops recipe is absolutely delicious. It's a quick dinner meal that can be ready in less than 15 minutes. No marinating or brining required.
If you are looking for the best way to cook a pork chop for a weeknight dinner, then definitely give this air fryer pork chop recipe a try. It is quick enough to put together any night of the week.
Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chops
This Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops recipe is the best way to cook pork chops. The meat is cooked at high temperature for a short period of time. As a result, the pork becomes tender and juicy.
A pork chop is a tasty protein choice that won't break your bank. If you go to Costco, you can get bone-in pork chops for a little under $3 per pound.
The Best Seasoning for Pork Chops
I used kosher salt, black pepper, cumin, paprika, grain dijon mustard, and brown sugar to give pork chops more flavor.
Brown sugar: It helps tenderize and gives the meat a nice caramelized crust.
If you are currently on a low carb diet or keto, you can omit the sugar.
No braining required.
How Long to Cook Pork Chops in an Air Fryer
The cooking time is depending on the thickness of your pork chops, batch size, and temperature setting.
In this recipe, we are going to use bone-in pork chops. They usually take anywhere from 8 - 14 minutes to cook in an air fryer at 400°F.
The best way to check for doneness is with a food thermometer.
The safe internal pork cooking temperature is 145°F. However, the internal temperature of the meat will continue to rise a little during the 5-minute resting period. For that reason, you need to remove your meat from the air fryer as soon as the thickest part of a chop registers 140°F.
How to Cook Bone-In Pork Chops in an Air Fryer
Cooking pork chops can't get any easier than this. Here are some easy steps to follow.
Step 1. Make the Seasoning
In a bowl, combine all of the seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
Step 2. Prepare the Pork Chops
- Rinse the bone-in pork chops in cold water to get rid any bone fragment and debris then pat dry with paper towels.
- Make 3-4 tiny slits on the connection tissue between the meat and fat and without cutting through meat to stop it from curling during cooking.
- Rub the seasoning all over the pork chops.
- Let the meat sit out at room temperature about 20 minutes so they cook evenly.
Step 3. Preheat the Air Fryer
Step 4. Air Fry
Lightly grease the air fryer basket with oil. Place two pork chops in the basket without touching each other.
Air fry for 6 minutes, then flip, and continue cooking for an additional 6 minutes or until an internal temperature reaches anywhere between 140°F - 145°F.
Step 5. Rest the Meat
Remove the pork chops from the air fryer. Place the meat on a cutting board. Cover them with a piece of aluminum foil to ensure the pork chops remain juicy and tender.
Let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving.
FAQ and Cooking Tips:
A. They are probably overcooked. Pork chops are a lean cut, they need quick cooking and vulnerable to overcooking.
A. Yes, you can. Be sure to use boneless pork chops with 1½ inch thickness and cook until the meat registers 140°F.
Please keep in mind that the bone keeps the pork moist and gives the meat a richer flavor.
A. First, do not let the leftover pork chops sit out at room temperature for more than two hours. You can store the leftover in airtight container then place it in the coldest area of the refrigerator.
USDA recommends using cooked pork within three to four days, kept refrigerated (40°F or less) and within three to four months if stored in the freezer.
A. You can reheat in the air fryer at 350 for about 5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (the minimum temperature for reheating cooked meat).
Check Out More Air Fryer Recipes:
- How to Cook Frozen Mini Tacos in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Orange Chicken
- How to Cook Frozen Taquitos in an air fryer
- How to Cook Frozen Corn Dogs in an Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Mini Bagel Bites
- Air fryer Frozen Mini Pretzel Dogs
Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
- an air fryer
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork chop (about 7-8 oz)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 2 tsp grain dijon mustard
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp neutral oil
- In a bowl, combine all of the seasoning ingredients. Rub the seasoning all over the pork chops. Let the meat sit out at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer and set the temperature to 400°F.
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with oil. Place two pork chops in the basket without touching each other.Air fry for 6 minutes, then flip, and continue cooking for an additional 6 minutes or until an internal temperature reaches anywhere between 140°F - 145°F.
- Remove the meat from the air fryer. Place them on a cutting board and cover with foil. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You I did not say what temperature to set the air fryer at or I missed it
Thanks for pointing out the error. It's at 400°F.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Absolutely the BEST seasoning combo!!! Didn’t have time for the pork chops to season. Rubbed the mixture on and cooked immediately, SO VERY tasty!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I appreciate it. I am glad that you liked this pork recipe. It's my favorite seasoning combo for pork too!
This was so good! The chops were perfectly done and seasoned. I’m loving the air fryer more and more!
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! I am glad that the pork was perfectly done and seasoned.